Sunday, June 10, 2007

Patriotic Creed of the Good American

1920

Patriotic Creed of the Good American for the Welfare of Everybody

Composite by Federal Reserve Savings Directors

I believe in the United States of America.
My opportunity and hope depend upon her future.
I believe that her stability and progress rest upon the industry and thrift of her people.
Therefore, I will work hard and live simply.
I will spend less than I earn.
I will use my earnings with care.
I will save consistently.
I will invest thoughtfully.
To increase the financial strength of my country and myself I will buy government securities.
I will hold above barter the obligations my country thus incurs.
I will do these things to secure the greatness of America's future.
Let us have no financial slackers in this battle.

No comments: